Re: [O] ox-latex: default packages cleaning

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] ox-latex: default packages cleaning
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 17:41:39 +0200

Hi Rasmus,

On Wed, Jul 08, 2015 at 02:53:46PM +0200, Rasmus wrote:

> +(defun org-latex-guess-polyglossia-language (header info)
> +  "Set the Polyglossia language according to the LANGUAGE keyword.

I'm in two-minds about this.  On the one had it is a nice thing, but on
the other hand, it prevents the more fine grained control offered by
polyglossia.  For example, I used this in my setup before:

  \setdefaultlanguage[variant=british]{english}

I don't see an easy way of passing the optional argument.  But on the
other hand

  \setmainlanguage{english}

is plain, simple, and works in most (almost all) cases.  I'm thinking
whether to leave the babel/polyglossia features entirely up to the user.
That said, I like the feature very much.  For people who write in
multiple languages, if they load polyglossia, it should "just work" for
all their documents.  Which is great!

WDYT?  What do others think?

--
Suvayu