Re: [O] email ui choices?

From: Juergen Christoffel
Subject: Re: [O] email ui choices?
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 10:48:09 +0200

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 08:16:29PM -0400, Matt Price wrote:
[...]
I want to fill out this form, key in a command, and have emacs prompt me
for an email (or look the email up somewhere?) and generate a mail buffer
with this subtree as its contents; optionally attach a .doc or .pdf
attachement; and send the htmlized buffer for me, saving the sent mail
either to my IMAP Sent folder or my local mbox Sent folder.

Matt,

you could either use Emacs' RMAIL-Mode to do this. Or you could try mutt
(which is the perfect companion to things like org-mode, IMO) als your
mailer.
It would be nice if it had access to my contacts, either via GMail or
through thunderbbird (those are synced, I think).

I don't know about RMAIL and IMAP/Gmail (as I switched from RMAIL to mutt
years ago) but you should find hwotos for setting up mutt in conjuntion
with Gmail with Google.

Regards, JC

--
 A great many of today's security technologies are "secure" only because
 no-one has ever bothered attacking them. -- Peter Gutmann