Re: [O] email ui choices?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] email ui choices?
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 19:27:56 +0800

Matt Price <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 6:51 AM, Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]

> I've been thinking about it, and I would love to just have a link to the
> student paper within org itself, and have the attachment added automatically
> after org-mime-htmlize runs. I'm not sure
> exactly how to do that but if I figure it out I will let the group know. I
> vaguely recall I've seen other people describe such systems so I would
> appreciate guidance if it's available.

I'll include a shameless-plug-cum-general-recommendation: I use
org-attach a lot to keep files associated with Org headings, and to me
this feels like a natural use-case for that.

I wrote a library called Gnorb (in the package manager) that provides
some glue-code between Gnus and Org (and BBDB), and there are a few
hooks in there that might be useful to you.

It sounds like you're digesting quite a bit all at once, so you probably
don't want to install all of Gnorb. If you're interested in some of the
bits, I might be able to peel those off into separate functions:
specifically, taking files from the org-attach directory and attaching
them to outgoing emails being sent from an Org heading. I can't promise
I could do it cleanly, but I'd be happy to look into it.

Eric