Re: [O] "Capture"-like browser plugin?

From: Cook, Malcolm
Subject: Re: [O] "Capture"-like browser plugin?
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 14:44:18 +0000

> Frequently when I'm doing a Web search and find pages I like, I want to save
> a link to the page, along with the title and perhaps a few notes. Something
> like org-mode's capture would be great, but I'd like to initiate it from a
> browser. I imaging hitting a plugin button on the the browser's toolbar to
> open emacs via emacsclient, and essentially do a capture with the link and
> whatever text I care to enter.
>
> Has anyone seen or heard of or written something like this?

Sure.

Depending on your web browser, there are plugins to populate the clipboard with
a link formatted according to a template variously as plain text, markdown,
html, media-wiki, or (with configuration) org-mode.

I use chrome and am happy with "Create Link"
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/create-link/gcmghdmnkfdbncmnmlkkglmnnhagajbm?hl=en-US

Firefox similarly has Make Link:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/make-link/

~Malcolm