Re: [O] export to html stuck in loop scanning for org IDs

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] export to html stuck in loop scanning for org IDs
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 11:38:09 +0200

Hi Bruce,

Bruce Gilstrap <address@hidden> writes:

> This happens consistently with one file that I successfully exported last
> Friday under 8.2.10 but does not happen at all with some other files. So
> far, I have been unable to isolate exactly what it is about this file that
> causes the export to get stuck in this loop. I can do the legwork to track
> it down if someone more knowledgeable about the exporter can point me in
> the right direction. It seems obvious that it has something to do with IDs,
> but the files that still export properly contain IDs, too, so the issue
> isn't as simple as the existence of IDs in the file.

Would it be possible to bisect your file to find the offending part?
Otherwise you could try to hot-patch org-id-update-id-locations in
org-id.el.  For instance, try to change the last (if ...) to:

(if (> ndup 0)
          (message "WARNING: %d duplicate IDs found, check *Messages* buffer"
ndup)
        (progn (message "%d unique files scanned for IDs" (length org-id-files))
               (message (mapconcat (lambda (x) (format "%s" x)) org-id-files
"\n"))))

To see which files it is scanning.  Maybe that will give a clue as to
where the problem is.

Do you use #+INCLUDE?

Rasmus

--