[O] Questions about exporting: subtitle, level formating, custom highlig

From: Xiha
Subject: [O] Questions about exporting: subtitle, level formating, custom highlight markers error
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 15:04:44 +0200

Hello,

I am writing a paper-like document in Org-mode, and experimenting with export to HTML and PDF (via LaTeX) in order to share drafts. Not sure yet what the final formatting will be. I am quite new to Emacs/Org-mode, know little about css and nothing about LaTeX. Using Emacs 24.5.1 and Org-mode 8.2.10 that came with it.

1) I would like the exported document to have a subtitle under the title in a smaller and/or lighter font. The latter requirement makes splitting the title with a newline not quite a solution. I believe I saw discussion somewhere about a #+SUBTITLE keyword for LaTeX or HTML export (as opposed to Texinfo which the manual says is supported?) But that seemed to be a feature-in-progress? What is the status of this? Is there an alternative I can use for now?

2) I have #+OPTIONS: H:9 num:9 because explicit level structure is important for this document. I would like to have more control over how this is exported, e.g. by setting heading font size as well as left-margin widths per level, for a staircase-like effect similar to that obtained with org-indent-mode in Org itself. (How) can this be done?

3) I forget through which command/menu, but I set custom markers that 'highlight' the words they surround, within Org itself. I'm using the 'leuven' theme which makes them stand out with a yellow background - useful for passages that need work etc. But now when I try to export to HTML or PDF, it fails with "Unknown marker at 10497". Is there a way to get the highlighting in the exported document? Alternatively, can I tell the exporter to ignore the custom markers, i.e. treat them as regular characters?

Thanks in advance.