Re: [O] problems with beamer under the new exporter: no theme; unable to

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] problems with beamer under the new exporter: no theme; unable to specify heading level; slides fill from bottom up
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 09:30:18 +0100

On Monday, 27 Jul 2015 at 00:06, Christopher W. Ryan wrote:
> Using org-mode 8.2.4-1 on Linux Mint.
>
> Below is a minimal working example of my problem. The trouble is that
> the Berlin theme is not applied--it remains the default theme.

Do you need to export a sub-tree?  I have no experience in anything
other than full file export for Beamer.  A sub-tree export doesn't work
for me on this file.

> Also, the first slide (after the title slide) seems to "fill from the
> bottom up" rather than from the top down. That is, there is a big gap
> between the word "Chemistry" and the phrase "Malodorous reduced sulfur
> compounds."

This is a beamer issue and nothing to do with org per se.  There are a
couple of options (untested) if you don't like the vertical
spacing.  You can add a "\vfill" line at the end or you can add the [t]
option to the frame.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-1293-g985420