Re: [O] Questions about exporting: subtitle, level formating, custom hig

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Questions about exporting: subtitle, level formating, custom highlight markers error
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 09:34:41 +0100

On Sunday, 26 Jul 2015 at 15:04, Xiha wrote:
> 2) I have #+OPTIONS: H:9 num:9 because explicit level structure is
> important for this document. I would like to have more control over

For LaTeX export, this will not work (AFAIK) as LaTeX only supports 4 or
so levels of headings.

> how this is exported, e.g. by setting heading font size as well as
> left-margin widths per level, for a staircase-like effect similar to
> that obtained with org-indent-mode in Org itself. (How) can this be
> done?

If you want this kind of control, you should ensure that the LaTeX uses
the scrartcl (koma-script) article class which is highly
configurable.  However, you will have to do the LaTeX configuration
yourself directly using #+latex: and #+latex_header: org directives in
your org document.

For HTML export, you will need to define the appropriate CSS
specifications to achieve the stair case effect.  I have no idea how
this would be done...

> 3) I forget through which command/menu, but I set custom markers that
> 'highlight' the words they surround, within Org itself. I'm using the
> 'leuven' theme which makes them stand out with a yellow background -
> useful for passages that need work etc. But now when I try to export
> to HTML or PDF, it fails with "Unknown marker at 10497". Is there a
> way to get the highlighting in the exported document? Alternatively,
> can I tell the exporter to ignore the custom markers, i.e. treat them
> as regular characters?

Could you maybe post a small example file?  I have no idea what you are
describing unfortunately.
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-1293-g985420