Re: [O] Org-mode exporters licensing

From: Daniele Nicolodi
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode exporters licensing
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 20:30:11 +0200

On 27/07/15 20:20, Marcin Borkowski wrote:

> On 2015-07-27, at 20:02, Daniele Nicolodi <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On 27/07/15 19:42, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>>> That I've already learned.  OTOH, one of the reasons to use PD might be
>>> that I explicitly state that I object the legal system I live in.  (Mind
>>> you: I'm not an anarchist, and I'm very far from that.  But this system
>>> is almost unbearable.)
>>
>> This statement confirms that you do not really understand what you are
>> talking about: as you cannot renounce your copy rights, you cannot place
>> something in the public domain. If you do not release your work with an
>> explicit license, the default copyright protection law applies and this
>> means (in all jurisdictions I know about) that you reserve all rights to
>> yourself: none can use your code, and probably not even look at it.
>
> I do understand (at least I think so).  And I do understand that my
> declaration of putting something in PD would be technically void.
> I just don't care about it, if the declaration of intent is clear.

If you do not care about the terms in which who receives your work is
able to use it, why all the discussion?

I thought that you were arguing that a less strict license than the GPL
is better for the content of a possible tutorial and you were inquiring
if you could release your code derived or inspired from GPL code with
another license. Now you say that you do not care, or better you say
that you do not want to give any rights to who receives your code.

I think you are confused.

Cheers,
Daniele