Re: [O] [OFF TOPIC] almost giving up on emacs email..looking for advice?

From: Scott Randby
Subject: Re: [O] [OFF TOPIC] almost giving up on emacs email..looking for advice?
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 10:51:10 -0400

On 08/11/2015 10:16 AM, Peter Davis wrote:

One of the persistent frustrations for me with Thunderbird is that
it still, even years after the problem was reported, can't get the
unread counts correct for various folders all the time. It
frequently shows unread counts for folders that have no unread
messages, and vice versa.

I know this is way off topic, but I've not experienced the unread messages bug with Thunderbird (fortunately). This might be due to the fact that I use POP instead of IMAP, or perhaps it may be because my daily email traffic is rather small (mostly messages from this list). My biggest beef with Thunderbird is that it doesn't follow the preferences I've set for news feeds.

Scott