Re: [O] fa5fd6351605912ec75e783cb62649 breaks org-babel-script-escape fo

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] fa5fd6351605912ec75e783cb62649 breaks org-babel-script-escape for ob-ruby
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 20:52:05 -0400

Matthew MacLean <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yeah, my initial patch was actually for ob-ruby, though, when looking for
> the change that broke it for the report, I found a change in behaviour of
> the escaping function and figured that Ruby might not be the only thing
> broken.

Yes, that makes sense, but glancing at all lisp/ob-*.el files that use
org-babel-script-escape, ob-ruby.el seems to be the only one that makes
a double call to org-babel-script-escape, so I'd guess it is being
called with a string in all other cases.

> So, instead, I restored the original permissive behaviour of
> org-babel-script-escape and made a patch of that instead.

Given that org-babel-script-escape gives a clear error message, I'd
prefer to keep the stricter variant and fix any offending calls.

Feel free to wait to hear others' thoughts on this, but, in any case,
please use 'git format-patch' to generate a patch with a commit message
(see the contributing section of the website [1] for more information).
Also, it'd be nice to add a test that catches the original error.

Thanks

[1] http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

--
Kyle