Re: [O] Add version header to org.el

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Add version header to org.el
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 06:28:18 +0200

Rasmus writes:
> Is there any issues with adding a version header to org.el in maint and
> master?  Maybe 8.4 or 8.4-dev or 8.4-pre for master...

Yes, we don't want to have to commit this nonsense when we have a proper
VCS.  Now, instead of simply tagging a release you're back to having to
remember that you have to jump through some burning hoops first in a
particular oder, then commit it and then maybe you can tag the release.

> See:
>
>         http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/188780

Yes, nice one.  I can think of some "latent" problems with how Emacs
handles versions, too.  Now, back to the regularly scheduled program.

Regards,
Achim.