Re: [O] nested macro expansion?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] nested macro expansion?
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 22:18:18 +0200

Hello

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> After googling for a while, I also thought this might work:
>
> #+MACRO: bubba (eval (format-time-string "%Y" property{{{TIMESTAMP}}}))
>
> {{{bubba}}}
>
> But the nested definition isn't expanded, either with or without
> quotes.

As you noticed, you cannot nest macros. You can use macros within macro
definitions, tho. Alas, it will not work with (eval ...) templates,
since those make no assumptions about the rest of the template and
simply use `read' on it.

Anyway, as pointed out in this thread, if you take the (eval ...) path,
you don't really need macros: you're in Elisp.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou