Re: [O] beamer_env tag issue with empty headlines

From: Rafael
Subject: Re: [O] beamer_env tag issue with empty headlines
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 11:43:22 -0500

> Rafael <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I mean that I would like to have a new variable, say,
>> 'org-no-headlines-between-colons', that when set to t, would cause org
>> to treat any part of a heading between colons as a tag.
>
> My question was: what for? Do you have a (simple) use-case?

Just like the OP said: When exporting to beamer, there are some headings
that do not merit a named heading. Like columns. Or for example, in my
case, I have theorems without a name. Say:

***                                                               :B_theorem:
    :PROPERTIES:
    :BEAMER_env: theorem
    :END:
    Let \(X\) be a \(T_{1}\) space. Then \(X\) is regular if an only
    if given a point \(x\in X\) and a neighborhood \(U\) of \(x\)
    there is a neighborhood \(V\) of \(x\) such that
    \(\overline{V}\subseteq U\).

Or sometimes, in definitions, I could include a named heading, but it
looks redundant to me, as the defined term is already emphasized.

*** Normal space                                               :B_definition:
    :PROPERTIES:
    :BEAMER_env: definition
    :END:
    Let \(X\) be a \(T_{1}\) space. We say that \(X\) is *normal* if for
    any \(F\subseteq X\) and \(G\subseteq X\) disjoint closed sets,
    there are disjoint open sets \(U,V\) such that
    \(F\subseteq U\) and \(G\subseteq V\).

I do not think I will ever need two colons in a heading. Hence I think
the option to interpret anything between colons in a heading as a tag
would be useful.

Thanks for your answers,

Rafael