Re: [O] export (to gfm) with file local variables

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] export (to gfm) with file local variables
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 16:17:28 -0400

Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Nick,
>
> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
>> Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I forgot...

>>> ... and without having them apply to the current *.org file.

>> Add a noexport section with a control-L as contents at the end.
>> Emacs only looks at the last "page" of the file for local variables
>> so the control-L will stop it.
>>

> Thanks!  That is amazing!  That solves my second problem.  So, the
> original *.org file is indeed opened in Org mode.  Nice.
>

> Now I still need to know how to export to github flavoured markdown
> (gfm) with the file local variables set.  This still fails with
> ,----
> | hack-local-variables: Malformed local variable line: ""
> `----
>
> Any help with that?

That seems to be caused by the empty lines in the Local Variables:
section of the md file:

<h2>Table of Contents</h2>
<ul>
</ul>

<!-- Some Comment -->

# Test File<a id="orgheadline1"></a>

With text.

<!--

Local Variables:

mode: gfm

markdown-command: "marked"

End:

-->

If I get rid of them manually, I think it goes away (although I don't
have gfm installed, so it complains about gfm-mode).

That seems to be an ox-md (or perhaps ox-html) issue however and I'm not
equipped to wade into those waters. Assuming this is correct, maybe you
can add a filter to get rid of the empty lines?

Nick