Re: [O] HTML Export, CSS Styling

From: Scott Randby
Subject: Re: [O] HTML Export, CSS Styling
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:52:02 -0400

On 08/22/2015 12:13 AM, David A. Gershman wrote:
I've been reading all evening about HTML exporting, style sheets, etc.
Maybe I've been inundated with information, but I haven't been able to
determine an answer to my question: can text in the middle of a
paragraph by styled?  For example:

* Heading 1
    This is the paragraph body that will allow *bold*
    or /italic/ or even _underline_, but what if I want
    only THIS word to have styling?  Such as making it
    red to indicate importance?

I'm working on lecture notes and I was planning on a <span></span> tag
so I can set the color and, ultimately, a 'title' attribute for a
definition when hovered.  However, I'm only finding the "#+HTML" feature
within org which seems to need to be on a line of its own.  Howver, the
export would convert:

   This is the paragraph body that will allow *bold*
    or /italic/ or even _underline_, but what if I want
    only
     #+HTML: <span.....>THIS</span>
    word to have...

to 3 different paragraphs:

    This is the paragraph body that will allow *bold*
    or /italic/ or even _underline_, but what if I want
    only
    THIS
    word to have...

Am I missing something or is "in-line styling" just not a feature within
Org (yet?)?

I use inline styling all the time with code like this: @@html:<i id="con">interest</i>@@

I set the properties of con in a stylesheet, but they can also be put into the org file directly.

Scott Randby

Thanks!

--David