Re: [O] Stable releases

From: Thomas S . Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Stable releases
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 08:53:56 -1000

Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> writes:

> Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Thomas S. Dye writes:
>>> Excellent.  Thanks!  Would it be useful to distribute org-21991231 on
>>> elpa?
>>
>> No, not at all…  Unless you want to make sure that noone ever gets an
>> update until the next millenium starts.
>
> No, I don't want that.  Thanks for the explanation.  I'm satisfied
> knowing I won't inadvertently download Org mode from elpa again, at
> least until several months after my 247th birthday :)

Oops, I spoke too soon.  I created the org-21991231 folder where all the
other emacs packages are installed, added org-pkg.el with the line you
suggested, and byte-compiled to org-pkg.elc.

However, the package manager doesn't (yet) recognize this package and
when I download ob-* packages, org-2015* is also downloaded.

Also, org-21991231 doesn't show up in the package manager.

Is there a registration step?

All the best,
Tom

--