Re: [O] Do you like to have your TODOs at the same headline level?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Do you like to have your TODOs at the same headline level?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 12:31:02 +0200

William Denton <address@hidden> writes:
> I'm trying to spend more time in a sparse tree view where I just see
> TODOs (C-c / t).  I didn't like having the TODOs at different levels
> of indentation, though.  I prefer seeing them all lined up, so I moved
> them all to be fourth-level headline.  It's visually pleasing, and
> I don't care if a second-level headline has a fourth-level child
> without a third-level one.
>
> Do other people do this?

No, and I don't think that's sane.  It would be logical to expect
problems at export time (to LaTeX, among others) and in Org-lint.

I try to put all the tasks at the 2nd level, the 1st level being
reserved for big sections such as "Administration", "Tasks", "Team",
etc.

I'm very rigorous about expecting that all my "project management"
documents can be exported (without loosing subtrees or generating error)
to HTML (as the very first goal) and to LaTeX (as the second one).

OTOH, I don't deny your wish to get things aligned; that's why I've
opted to 4-char todo states only!

Best regards,
  Seb

--