Re: [O] [bug] org-cycle changed behavior in orgstruct-mode

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] org-cycle changed behavior in orgstruct-mode
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 09:13:15 +0200

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> I tried to add show-children, and NOT have org-show-children in the setup
> but alas it doesn't change the situation.  But anyway it's called through
> `org-cycle', in my use-case at least.  This in turn rely on at least
> org-cycle-internal-local which in turn uses org-show-children.

Then `org-cycle-internal-local' could use something like:

  (if (derived-mode-p 'org-mode) #'org-show-children #'show-children)

This would require a comment in the code. This is a small leak but as
long as we don't have a clear (non broken) design for orgstruct, I think
we cannot do much.

> So maybe the easiest way to "fix" this is to advice orgstruct to redirect
> call?  Maybe add-function :around... We can rely on nadvice in master,
> right?

Actually, we can't. "nadvice.el" was introduced in 24.4. AFAIK master
still supports release 24.3.

Regards,