Re: [O] Exporting an org-file to multiple html pages

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] Exporting an org-file to multiple html pages
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 13:43:58 +0200

On 2015-08-31, at 12:16, Jarmo Hurri <address@hidden> wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> I am writing a relatively extensive document in org, and I am currently
> trying to figure out how to split the exported html into multiple html
> pages.
>
> Is publishing along the lines of this tutorial still the best way to do
> it?
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-publish-html-tutorial.html
>
> In other words, do I need to split one org file into multiple org files
> and then build the links between them manually? That is, is there no way
> to automatically have top level "chapters" split into pages with links
> between chapters?

Does this help?

https://github.com/mbork/org-one-to-many

Its purpose is to split an Org file into many pieces (either giving
a level, or marking the headlines to be split with a :split: tag),
modifying internal links so that they still point to the same places
(even though in different files).  Then you can export these files
individually to HTML.

I think splitting the Org file is a better idea than splitting the
produced HTML file: it seems both easier and maybe more versatile (you
are not restricted to HTML then).

Notice that if you have some configs (like #+OPTIONS etc.), it might be
a good idea to move them to a separate heading marked with :config: and
:noexport: tags.

The entry point is the =org-one-to-many= function.

It currently lacks proper documentation, but see its docstring for some
help.  Also, feel free to ask me.

Currently, the .el file lacks a proper header, too - I'll add it later
(maybe even today).

> Thanks!
>
> Jarmo

Hth,