Re: [O] Need help with HTML export custom postamble

From: Thomas S . Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Need help with HTML export custom postamble
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 14:38:12 -1000

Aloha David,

David A. Gershman <address@hidden> writes:

> So I finally was able to test out the C-c C-c.  It did ask me if I
> wanted to apply and I said yes.  When I exported the file, my postamble
> (as specified in the variable) was /not/ shown...it was still the default.
>
> Strangely, when I did C-c C-c, Emacs came back with this:
>
>> The local variables list in syllabus.org
>> contains values that may not be safe (*).
>> Do you want to apply it?  You can type
>> y  -- to apply the local variables list.
>> n  -- to ignore the local varialbes list.
>> !  --  to apply.....
>>
>>    * org-html-postamble : t
>>    * org-export-hml-postamble-format : "Hello World"
> Notice the *'*'* warning not to be safe.  But the source .org file is
> with '#' as it should be (seen further below).
>
> Thoughts?

Yes, Emacs asks about safe local variables.  I read about this once in
the Emacs manual and concluded that my use cases were all safe, so I
just type "y".  I suspect you're in the same boat, but you might want to
read the relevant section of the Emacs manual to be certain.

I just noticed that you're setting org-export-hml-postamble-format, but
you probably want html instead of hml.

hth,
Tom

--