Re: [O] Block level specification for tex code html export method

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Block level specification for tex code html export method
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2015 10:58:54 +0200

Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:

> The same protection as in the previous version seems to take effect
> here:
>
>   (defmacro by-backend (&rest body)
>     `(case (if (boundp 'org-export-current-backend)
> org-export-current-backend nil) ,@body))
>
> Are there any issues with this?

Not really, but

  (if (boundp 'org-export-current-backend) org-export-current-backend nil)

->

  (org-bound-and-true-p org-export-current-backend)

It should also be documented. In particular, outside any export process,
you need to use ((nil) ...) or (t ...).

> Could you elaborate why that might be better?  Including it as a macro
> like this has the up-side to be more general.

Of course. I'm just pointing out that /if/ its only use is for :file
directive, it might be better to include it there.

Regards,