Re: [O] Helm update brings "funcall: Symbol's value as variable is void:

From: Malcolm Purvis
Subject: Re: [O] Helm update brings "funcall: Symbol's value as variable is void: helm-walk-ignore-directories"
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2015 08:31:57 +1000

>>>>> "Eduardo" == Eduardo Mercovich <address@hidden> writes:

Eduardo> Just found it. The new installed version was not included in
Eduardo> .emacs in the (add-to-list 'load-path "[snip]") part.

Eduardo> Is this the expected behavior when we update through the
Eduardo> package manager?

The package manager does not unload the old package and load new package
as part of the upgrade.  As a consequence, I always restart Emacs after
upgrading packages to avoid problems like this.

Malcolm

--
               Malcolm Purvis <address@hidden>