Re: [O] org-collector unable to handle macros

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] org-collector unable to handle macros
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2015 16:56:10 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

2015ko irailak 8an, Nicolas Goaziou-ek idatzi zuen:

> Mark Edgington <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Can you explain what you mean about using CUSTOM_ID in the context of
>> org-collector?
>
> :ID: is special property, which is usually set with `org-id-get-create'.
> Creating it by any other mean can introduce error during export.
>
>> Maybe I misunderstood something. Do you think the reason that a table
>> can't be generated from my example code is that org-collector is
>> somehow trying to expand the macros when the table is generated?
>
> I didn't check org-collector library, so I don't know the problem and
> didn't take time for serious debugging. I'm just trying to point out
> what seems to be a mistake in your ECM.

This looks like the same problem I reported (and provided a patch for) here:
<http://mid.gmane.org/address@hidden>.  Some orgtbl-*
functions can’t cope with macro (or macro-resembling) text, because they
use the exporter, which expects all macros to have valid definitions.

Hopefully this time the bug can actually get fixed, instead of becoming
bogged down in irrelevant aspects of the context in which it is
reported.

--
Aaron Ecay