Re: [O] obtain ob-template.el for Babel language extension

From: Joe Riel
Subject: Re: [O] obtain ob-template.el for Babel language extension
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 10:39:07 -0700

On Sat, 12 Sep 2015 07:15:37 -1000
Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:

> Aloha Joe,
>
> Joe Riel <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > No offense, but the help pages on the code blocks could really use
> > improvement.
>
> Glad to have your help.  The documentation is a community effort.

Agreed.  Because I'm new to this aspect of org, I'm reading the
relevant manual pages for the first time.  As such, it is easy
to note deficiencies.  I'll help to improve them.

> > For example,
> >
> > Exporting code blocks
> > ---------------------
> > Nowhere does this section explain *how* you can export a code block,
> > nor are there any links to pages that are helpful.  As a minimum it
> > should include the relevant commands and the key bindings for
> > exporting code blocks.  Where are they?
>
> Typically, one doesn't export a code block by itself.  Instead, one
> exports a document that includes one or more code blocks.  How to export
> a document is covered in Chapter 12, Exporting.

I figured that out eventually.  There should be a link from the
exporting code blocks section to chapter 12; not everyone reads manual
in a linear fashion 8-).  I'll submit that with the other suggestion
(below).

--
Joe Riel