Re: [O] Bug: \vert{} exported to markdown not as expected [8.3.1 (8.3.1-

From: Denis Bitouzé
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: \vert{} exported to markdown not as expected [8.3.1 (8.3.1-103-g366dc4-elpa @ /home/bitouze/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150907/)]
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 22:26:00 +0200

Le 13/09/15 à 22h04, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Hello,

> address@hidden (Denis Bitouzé) writes:
>
>> The following file:
>>
>> #+NAME: test.org
>> #+begin_src org
>> Foo |bar_baz|
>>
>> Foo \vert{}bar\under{}baz\vert{}
>> #+end_src
>>
>> is exported to markdown as follows:
>>
>> #+NAME: test.md
>> #+begin_src markdown
>> Foo |bar\_baz|
>>
>> Foo &vert;bar_baz&vert;
>> #+end_src
>>
>> Whereas:
>>
>> - \under{} gives the expected underscore symbol (_),
>> - \vert{} gives &vert; instead of the expected pipe symbol (|).
>
> What is wrong with &vert;? Doesn't Markdown accept HTML entities
> anyway?

The point is the following: the site where the .md file (exported from
the .org file) will be used has this (maybe current) feature to be able
to interpret strings such as:

|REP_TO_COMMENT|

Hence, I have to export "real" _ and |.

1. For _, \under{} is necessary since _ at the org mode level is
   exported as \_.
2. For |, source | could be okay. But I'd like to use strings as above
   in tables and, AFAIK, the only way to have pipe symbols in a table at
   the org mode level is to code them \vert{}.  And that's the purpose
   of my bug report, \vert{} is exported as &vert;, not as "real" |.

In other words, I was happy with \under{} that exports real _ and, IMHO,
\vert{} should do the same with |.

Regards.
--
Denis