Re: [O] Limit on macro snippet size?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Limit on macro snippet size?
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 18:16:15 +0100

On Monday, 14 Sep 2015 at 06:40, Thomas S.Dye wrote:
> Aloha all,
>
> I couldn't find any information on this in the manual or the mailing
> list, though I vaguely recall some discussion on the list a while back.

> #+MACRO: green \textcolor{PaleGreen4}{$1}

> Is there a limit on the length of text that a macro like this will
> process?

probably...  (others will answer, I'm sure)

Instead, I wonder whether it wouldn't just be easy enough to do:

#+begin_src org
  ,#+latex: \textcolor{PaleGreen4}{
  all of your text that can be several lines
  ,#+latex: }
#+end_src

Less fragile, so long as there are no paragraph breaks maybe...

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.2, Org release_8.3.1-234-g8c85c9