Re: [O] Displaying SVG inline in org-mode

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Displaying SVG inline in org-mode
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 23:59:28 +0200

Hi Eduardo,

Eduardo Mercovich <address@hidden> writes:

> OTOH I have some svg icons that are shown perfectly in their own
> buffers, but when included inline -just like the pngs- are shown only as
> a reference like "/home/edumerco/whatever.svg" instead of the
> icon. iimage mode is on.

It works for me.

This is my test file

[[file:/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/scalable/actions/action-unavailable-symbolic.svg]]

I then do M-x org-toggle-inline-images RET (AKA C-c C-x C-v).  It should
show.

iimage-mode seems to a general Emacs mode.  It also works for me, but the
display is like

     "file:THE-ICON"

Make sure that you have (0) imagemagick; (1) Emacs configured to support
imagemagick.  This sentence is pure speculation; IOW I have not checked
correctness of this last sentence.

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
Got mashed potatoes. Ain't got no T-Bone. No T-Bone