[O] Using the file as 1st level headline

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: [O] Using the file as 1st level headline
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 18:49:51 +0200

Hi all

Is it possible to have a file header which is counted as a first level
headline?

If that sounds weird, this is what I like to do: I'm using Bernt
Hansen's setup of orgmode for GTD (http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html).
In this setup a project is defined as each headline which has a TODO
keyword AND has sublevel tasks also containing a TODO keyword:

* TODO Project
** NEXT step 1
** TODO step 2
** TODO step 3

Now, I'm using org to write scientific books and articles. Therefore,
I want to use 1st level headlines as section titles for LaTeX export.
Of course, not every section is an individual project---the article in
total is the project and its doable steps are defined by inline tasks.
So, what I want to do is something like this:

,---- xy.org

| #+TITLE: XY
| #+AUTHOR: Sven Bretfeld
| #+HEADLINE: TODO Write article on XY
| #+CATEGORY: XY article
| #+EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport
|
| * Introduction and Methodology
| Some text. Some text. Some text. Some text. Some text. Some text. Some
| text. Some text.
| ***************************** NEXT Write summary of Smith's thesis
@office:noexport:
| ***************************** END
| Some text. Some text. Some text. Some text. Some text. Some text. Some
| text. Some text.
| ***************************** TODO Look up other theories
@library:noexport:
| ***************************** END

`----

The purpose is making org-export print the pure article (no TODOs, all
headlines are sections, subsections etc.) while making org-agenda say:

,----Org Agenda

| Projects
| TODO Write article on XY
| Project Next Tasks
| XY article: NEXT Write summary of Smith's thesis   @office:noexport:
| Project Subtasks
| XY article: TODO Look up other theories            @library:noexport:

`----

Is that possible?

Thank you very much for any help.

Sven

--
Sven Bretfeld
Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies