Re: [O] Agenda Tag filtering - has the behaviour changed?

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] Agenda Tag filtering - has the behaviour changed?
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 12:16:44 -0400

> Hello,
>
> Robert Klein <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Looking through the commit messages this may come from commit
>> 6c6ae990c10dbe7f96b24fccf840fe9f6d81a3b8
>
> Indeed. It seems related to this NEWS entry
>
>   *** Minor refactoring of ~org-agenda-filter-by-tag~
>   Now uses the argument arg and optional argument exclude instead of
>   strip and narrow.  ARG because the argument has multiple purposes and
>   makes more sense than strip now.  The term narrowing is changed to
>   exclude.
>
>   The main purpose is for the function to make more logical sense when
>   filtering on tags now when tags can be structured in hierarchies.

Thanks both.

So was this an intended usability change?  I can probably live with it -
I just need to retrain my fingers -- but it does take longer to achieve
the result I want now since I have to clear the agenda tags before
selecting a new filter and wait for the agenda update each time (my
agenda has lots of entries).

The old behaviour was faster to use.

I haven't done anything with hierarchical tags yet.

Regards,
Bernt