Re: [O] [org-plot/gnuplot] Plotting candlestick plots

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] [org-plot/gnuplot] Plotting candlestick plots
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 12:47:07 +0200

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 08:05:16PM +0300, Foivos S. Zakkak wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I am trying to plot some candlesticks through org-plot/gnuplot,  but I
> fail.
>
> It seems that org-plot/gnuplot supports a list of numbers in deps, i.e.,
> deps:(2 3 4) and then creates a string of the form:
> 'test.dat' using X with lines
> where X is first 2 then 3 and finally 4 for deps:(2 3 4)
>
> To plot candlesticks though, gnuplot expects a line of the form:
> 'test'.dat' using 1:3:2:6:5:xticlabels(7) with candlesticks whiskerbars

Org plot is there for quick and easy plotting.  I would recommend using
babel with gnuplot source blocks.  You can easily pass tables as data,
and configure your plot as you wish.  Unfortunately I have not done this
recently, so I don't have any simple examples handy, but I'm sure there
are plenty on Worg.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu