Re: [O] org google calender different files

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] org google calender different files
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 10:34:12 +0100

On Wednesday,  7 Oct 2015 at 10:56, Martin Kaffanke wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I store all my appointments in different files I work as psychologist
> and have one file per familiy I work with.  So there are all
> appointments where I make the documentation later too.
>
> Normally I collect the appointments in an "Inbox" in my gtd.org file
> where later I refile them to the clients.
>
> Now I would like to use my phones calender (having android 5.0.2) to
> collect the appointments for later use in my org files.

I am not entirely sure what you mean by this last sentence.

Full two synchronisation with multiple google calendars and multiple org
files is not possible currently (AFAIK).  However, if you explore your
use case in more detail, do you need full two-way synchronisation?  It
is quite straightforward to create multiple .ics files, e.g. one per org
file, which can then be loaded by Google's calendar so that you can have
multiple calendars shown in Google.  What you cannot do is edit those
events (or add new events) in those calendars via Google.

If org is your main route for working with the information, as opposed
to just displaying that information in a calendar view, then maybe a
one-way synchronisation may be sufficient and then exporting each org
file to ICS separately would be sufficient for your needs.

Just a different perspective.
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.2, Org release_8.3.2-161-gd2ac25