[O] Repeating timestamp with interval N times

From: Stephen Eglen
Subject: [O] Repeating timestamp with interval N times
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2015 21:54:02 +0100

Hi,
I'd like to write a timestamp like:

  ** Weekly office hour
     <2015-10-08 Thu 11:00-12:00 +1w>

but instead of having it occur every week until the end of time(!), I'd
like it repeated N (=8) here.  I can't see how to do this easily, am I
missing something?  I could use `org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift' but
ideally I'd like something concise like:

  <2015-10-08 Thu 11:00-12:00 8+1w>

Is this likely to be feasible?  I can submit a patch if it is and
someone points me in the right direction.  Or, do I need to refer to
some sexp magic "DIARY-STYLE SEXP ENTRIES"?  I can see how to fix it
by extending diary-cyclic to include the parameter specifying the max
number of repeats.

Thanks,

Stephen