Re: [O] convert a simple list of lines each to a orgmode header

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] convert a simple list of lines each to a orgmode header
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 20:07:35 -0400

Thanks Nick, I confirmed later that `C-c *` worked over region for me too.

--
Kaushal Modi

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 9:27 PM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> I realized that the default binding `C-c *` works only on the current line, not the whole selection (and the same applies to the opposite `C-c -`).
>
> It would be great to have those commands work over a region too.

I don't think that's right - at least, when I tried it with a region, it
worked. I just didn't know about it (or, more likely, didn't remember it)
before Christian mentioned it.

The docstring for the function says:

,----
| org-toggle-heading is an interactive Lisp function in
| ‘../org-mode/lisp/org.el’.
|
| (org-toggle-heading &optional NSTARS)
|
| Convert headings to normal text, or items or text to headings.
| If there is no active region, only convert the current line.
`----

Is transient mark mode enabled? I think it's enabled by default
nowadays, but maybe you turned it off?

Nick