Re: [O] [BUG] R src blocks untabify literal constant TABs

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] R src blocks untabify literal constant TABs
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 10:04:53 +0200

"Charles C. Berry" <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Apart from that, the documentation needs to reverse this in 14.2:
>>>
>>> "may replace sequences of spaces with tab characters"
>>>
>>> as it is spaces that replace tab characters.
>>
>> OK. So with the new behaviour, this is the only necessary change to
>> documentation?
>
> Yes.

Actually, I think neither is true because `indent-line-to' inserts tab
characters if indentation goes past `tab-width' and `indent-tabs-mode'
is non-nil.

What about the following:

  ‘org-src-preserve-indentation’ By default, the value is ‘nil’, which
       means that code blocks evaluated during export or tangled are
       indented according to context, possibly altering leading
       sequences of spaces and tab characters in the process. When
       non-nil, indentation is relative to left column, and therefore,
       not modified during export or tangling. This variable is
       especially useful for tangling languages such as Python, in which
       whitespace indentation in the output is critical.

Regards,