Re: [O] Two columns - image filling one

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Two columns - image filling one
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 21:20:05 +0100

On Tuesday, 13 Oct 2015 at 22:55, Tobias Frischholz wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> The following setting is appreciated:
>
> The frame consists of two columns. The left one should have an image,
> the right one a list.
> In the left column an image should completely fill the column.
>
> This screenshot, which was taken from DeckSet for Mac, might
> illustrate it better:
>
> I’ve already tried the following, to no avail:

And what happens?  I imagine that what happens is that the image does
not fill the column completely, or at least in the sense that you
wish.  The column will not span the whole left of the slide as there is
padding introduced by LaTeX around each column.

What you might be able to do is have the image be wider than the
\textwidth and use \hspace*{-1cm} to shift it to the left, as in

#+latex: \hspace*{-1cm}
#+ATTR_LATEX: width=\textwidth
[[file:img/runner.jpg]]

and play around with the -1cm to get what you want.

This is not ideal but LaTeX is not a desktop publishing language; it's a
fantastic typesetting language...
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.2, Org release_8.3.2-161-gd2ac25