Re: [O] Org-agenda-leaders

From: Uwe Jochum
Subject: Re: [O] Org-agenda-leaders
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 17:06:33 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Matt and all,

here is (probably) the solution to this problem:

As I said, I have this in my .emacs:

'(org-agenda-deadline-leaders (quote ("FRIST:  " "In %3d d.: ")))

'(org-agenda-scheduled-leaders (quote ("TERMIN: " "TERMIN.%2dx: ")))

Up to orgmode 8.2.something this worked globally in orgmode, i.e. I could use an entry like this in my org-files:

* TODO Do Something
TERMIN: <2015-10-10 Sa>

This was parsed and produced an output in the agenda list like so:

Samstag 10 October 2015
TERMIN.1x: Do Something

But now in orgmode 8.3.2 the leaders are no longer globally working, but only for producing the agenda list. Therefore it is necessary to use the English words SCHEDULED and DEADLINE in the org-files, like so:

* TODO Do Something
SCHEDULED: <2015-10-10 Sa>

And this gives (the .emacs file beeing unchanged)

Samstag 10 Oktober 2015
TERMIN.1x: Do Something

So obviously the parser was changed or in the earlier orgmode-versions I used a feature that was not intended (I mean the agenda-leader-text as a text for the org-file-entries).

I hope this clears the point a little bit.

I switched to the English words SCHEDULED and DEADLINE in the org-files. So, as for me, that's o.k.

Thanks a lot,

Uwe Jochum