Re: [O] Can't email multipart/alternative anymore

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [O] Can't email multipart/alternative anymore
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 16:57:44 -0400

On 10/23/15 4:44 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
Hello,

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

Based on the backtrace, I think that if you do M-x load-library RET
ox-org RET your error should disappear.

If that’s the cause, the attached (draft) patch should give a better
error message in cases like this.
Thank you.

However, `org-export-barf-if-invalid-backend' raises an error, not
a user-error. IOW, it doesn't need to be verbose: it is a bug if a user
sees it anyway.

Actually, I didn't see the barf part in the mini-buffer. All I saw there was:

Unknown "nil" back-end: Aborting export

I copied the rest from *Messages*
I suggest to (require 'ox-org) where appropriate and fix the issue.
I didn't look closely at the problem so you know better than me where
this line should be added.
I replied earlier, but it doesn't seem to have shown up on the list yet. Explicitly loading ox-org *did* fix the problem for me, but I already have

(require 'ox-org)

in my .emacs file, so I'm not sure why that was ineffective.

Thanks.
-pd