Re: [O] feature request: easier style attributes

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [O] feature request: easier style attributes
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 09:01:46 -0400

On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 8:30 AM, Rasmus <address@hidden> wrote:
Matt Price <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 7:51 AM, Rasmus <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Matt Price <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > OK, one more, again a repeat of an old request.
>> >
>> > Pandoc Markdown has this incredibly easy way to specify html attributes (
>> > http://pandoc.org/README.html#header-identifiers):
>> >
>> > ----
>> > # My Header {#myid .class1 .class2}
>> > ----
>> >
>> > I find this much easier to read, write, and maintain than the org-mode
>> > equivalent:
>> >
>> > #+ATTR_HTML: :id myid :class class1 class2
>> > * My Header
>>
>> Does this do what you want?
>>
>> * my header
>> :PROPERTIES:
>> :CUSTOM_ID: myid
>> :HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS: class1 class2
>> :END:
>>
> I guess so. It still seems much "heavier" to me than the pandoc syntax,
> which I find much easier to read and write,

It's also more explicit.  And if you use Emacs for authoring your .org
documents, you can use the C-c C-x p interface for fast insertion.

Yes, that's true and I see the advantages, I just still prefer a shorthand; it's easier to look at and for me at least, less distracting to write.

You didn't write to the list.

thx.

--
The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club