Re: [O] Agenda to iCal not working

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [O] Agenda to iCal not working
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 20:25:49 -0500

address@hidden (Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo) writes:

> Ken Mankoff writes:
>
>> I'm using the examples from
>> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/org/Exporting-Agenda-Views.html
>>

>> Specifically,
>>
>> (setq org-agenda-custom-commands [...]
>

>> But the HTML, PS, and ICS files are not being created. If I'm
>> visiting an Org file and run (org-icalendar-export-to-ics) then the
>> ICS is generated.
>>
>> Can someone offer advice why the ICS isn't generated when I generate
>> a specific agenda view?
>
> Setting up the agenda custom commands is not related to ical export.

In fact, it is. From the manual linked to in the original post:

"The extension of the file name determines the type of export. If it is
.html, Org mode will use the htmlize.el package to convert the buffer to
HTML and save it to this file name. If the extension is .ps,
ps-print-buffer-with-faces is used to produce Postscript output. If the
extension is .ics, iCalendar export is run export over all files that
were used to construct the agenda, and limit the export to entries
listed in the agenda. Any other extension produces a plain ASCII file."

Matt