Re: [O] Some projects

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Some projects
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 10:07:15 +0100

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Matt Lundin <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Perhaps someone with more experience of pandoc could assess how well it
>> toggles between CSL and biblatex, especially for more complicated styles
>> (e.g., Chicago).
>
> Can you point out an example of the expected format?  Bibtex.el does
> pretty well and perhaps it’s trivial to transform an arbitrary bibtex key
> into the json format on the Emacs side.

Looking at,

    https://github.com/citation-style-language/schema/blob/master/csl-data.json

the main difficulty seems to be the author field, which is more "complex",
or perhaps just more sane, in the JSON equivalent.  It may be possible to
use bibtex-autokey-demangle-name to approximate a translation from bibtex
to JSON.

There are clearly other complex fields like "accessed", but I guess it
would rarely show up in an bib(la)tex entry.  But I have nothing to back
this claim up with.

Rasmus

--
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?