Re: [O] Behaviour of org-open-at-point and org-return (was commit 4e8646

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [O] Behaviour of org-open-at-point and org-return (was commit 4e864643 breaks org-return)
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 09:02:04 -0500

"Stefan-W. Hahn" <address@hidden> writes:

> For example of a link:
>
>    [[link][description]]x
>
> If cursor was at position x the old behaviour of org-return (hitting <RET>)
> was to open a new line, and position the cursor at the beginning of the new
> line. The old behaviour of org-open-at-point was to say "no link".
>
> For me this seems consistent because if you go with the cursor over
> position x you see no hint and mouse-click do nothing. You have to go
> over the link to see face changing and be able to mouse-click top follow
> the link.

> Additonally description of org-open-at-point say "... When point is on a
> link, follow it....", not "on or after".
>
> Also if you insert a link by yanking or org-insert-link cursor is positioned
> directly after inserted link, cursor pos x s.o. With old behaviour you can
> behaviour you can straight hit <RET> to get a newline. With new behaviour
> you have to add space before <RET> or call open-line and position the
> cursor.

I can confirm this bug. It affected me when I was trying to enter
scheduling information:

E.g., if I insert the following with org-time-stamp...

<2015-10-28 Wed>
                ^

...the cursor is located after the time stamp (as shown). But if I hit
return to create a new line and enter a new data (text, a time stamp,
etc.), I am taken unexpectedly to the agenda.

Best,
Matt