Re: [O] problems with export and :cache

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] problems with export and :cache
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 17:42:55 +0100

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> I’d like to remove this function, actually.  I hate the org functions
> that do X most of the time, but the opposite of X when you pass them
> an optional argument (in this case the third arg ‘other’).

> Almost all (a couple dozen in total) of the calls to o-b-get-header
> are in the context (mapcar #'cdr (org-babel-get-header params :var)).
> I’d like to introduce a function org-babel--get-var-values to cover
> these cases, and replace the remaining 2 calls in the codebase (which
> both extract :column-names) with assq (since :column-names should
> appear maximally once, unlike :var). The sole use of the evil 'other
> arg is refactored away by my patch.
>
> Thoughts?

Could these 2 use cases be refactored?

  (mapcar #'cdr (org-babel-get-header params :var))

is not very far (but stlightly different) from

  (cadr (org-babel-get-header params :colname-names))

when there is a single association in PARAMS. Otherwise, it is up to the
user to know that there can be multiple :var keys but only
one :column-names.

IOW, aren't you after `org-babel-get-header' without the OTHER argument?

Regards,