Re: [O] problems with export and :cache

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] problems with export and :cache
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 18:16:12 +0100

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> But users know that anyway, since it’s implied by the semantics of
> :colname-names.  Actually the most typical way of accessing the value
> of :colname-names in the code is (cdr (assoc :colname-names params))
> (~20 uses, which ought to use assq instead); using o-b-get-header for
> :colname-names is an exception.
>
> The issue is that o-b-g-h gives an API for accessing key-values in a
> 1:many mapping.  But :var is the only key that can actually be 1:many.
> All other keys are singletons, and can be handled through the usual
> emacs API for 1:1 mappings (assq and friends) – and in the existing
> codebase they often are.  If we provide an API within babel, we should
> make it as specific as possible.

Ideally, the API should be transparent to the internal representation of
parameters used in Babel. Using `assq' means 1) you know that Babel
internally uses alists for parameters 2) you hope it will do it forever.

In any case, your suggestion is already better than the current
situation in Babel. So I'm fine with it. It might not be optimal
however.

Regards,