Re: [O] small caps

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] small caps
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 14:10:46 +0100

Thomas S. Dye writes:

> Sorry, I forgot to give an example.  I use it like this [[sc:ad][AD]].
>
> The advantage of a link over a macro is that the link should export
> correctly to both LaTeX and HTML.
>
> If you intend to export to a single backend, then Nicolas' suggestion to
> use a macro is simpler.

Though you could support multiple backends with a macro, too, you just
need to use lots of @'s. E.g.:

#+MACRO: sc @@latex:\textsc{$1}@@@@html:<span style="font-variant:
 small-caps;">$1</span>@@

Already in 400 {{{sc(bc)}}}, the Greeks...

That's for a quick example; better to use <span class="smallcaps"> or
something and put the CSS in a separate stylesheet, of course.

Yours,
Christian