Re: [O] Babel: How to call code in one org file into another org file

From: Lawrence Bottorff
Subject: Re: [O] Babel: How to call code in one org file into another org file
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 03:58:30 +0000

I would use local variables for this--something like (untested):

# eval: (org-babel-lob-ingest path/to/your/file)
# eval: (sbe "my-add")
# eval: (sbe "multi_x2")

Computer savvy Org moders don't like eval because anything can happen,
but if you're willing to trust yourself, then it shouldn't cause any
problems.

With this near the bottom of your file, whenever you open the file your
other org files will be loaded into the Library of Babel where you can
load up function definitions as needed.

Of course, you'll need to have slime running when you open the file.

hth,
Tom

Thanks Tom. Still, I'm wondering if the whole LOB is worth it in Lisp/SLIME-land. I can load code with org-babel-lob-ingest into `org-babel-library-of-babel`, but SLIME doesn't seem to know about it -- which sort of defeats the whole purpose, if you follow what I mean. . . .