Re: [O] bug in org-habits

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] bug in org-habits
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 23:36:15 +0100

John Wiegley writes:
>> Wouldn't last item in entry scale without issues? Find end of headline
>> (start of next or end of buffer) and search backwards. If first element from
>> end is a property drawer you have it, otherwise you still know there is
>> none.
>
> That sounds even better than what I mentioned about re-search-forward, and
> O(1) time complexity as well.

I don't think so.  Search for end of entry can be complex in itself and
you would never know if the properties you find by looking back aren't
belonging to an entry one level down unless you scanned the whole span
again.  Also, properties can be any size and you have to search for the
beginning of the drawer.

Regards,
Achim.