Re: [O] bug in org-habits

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] bug in org-habits
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 09:16:17 +0000

On Tuesday,  3 Nov 2015 at 20:01, John Wiegley wrote:

[...]

> I'm having a hard time buying the performance argument, since I've been using
> Org-mode for many years, and never has this been a problem. You're making me
> pay a cost (enforced structure), for a value only one of us perceives.

John,

others *have* found issues with performance.

In 8.2, org struggled with many of my documents, some of which are very
large.  Most, if not all, of the performance problems I was having have
disappeared since then (thank you Nicolas!).  I cannot attribute the
improvements directly to the move to a fixed structure for headline
meta-data but I can easily believe that this move has contributed due to
anecdotal experience with complex sections within my org files.

This does not mean I am against your suggestion of a variable
controlling this behaviour.  Maybe implement it and post a patch for the
community to try out?

I am perfectly happy with the current format, however, so would be
unlikely to try it.  (sorry)

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.2, Org release_8.3.2-209-gba4d33