[O] Bug: org-set-tags-to indentation problems when called programmatical

From: Emanuel Evans
Subject: [O] Bug: org-set-tags-to indentation problems when called programmatically [8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/)]
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 13:37:48 -0800

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

This is cross-filed as
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21818 in Emacs. Steps to
reproduce:

1. Start emacs with emacs -Q
2. Evaluate the following:

(require 'org-mode)

(defun bad-indent ()
  (interactive)
  (insert "* ")
  (org-insert-link nil "http://www.example.com/foo/bar/baz/qux/abc123f56789";
"something")
  (org-set-tags-to '("foo")))

3. Switch to an empty buffer
4. M-x org-mode
5. M-x bad-indent
6. The result looks like the following (except with an actual hyperlink):

* something     :foo:

This indentation is incorrect. If you follow the steps for `bad-indent'
interactively (or even using edebug), the indentation looks like:

* something                                                             :foo:

Digging in some more, it looks like the problem is the `current-column'
call in `org-set-tags' (where it says 'setq c0 (current-column)', on
line 14620 of org.el in my distribution). With some instrumentation,
`current-column' seems to be giving different values in interactive mode
than programatically; I'm guessing it has something to do with the long
link target causing the value to be different.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.6)
 of 2015-09-09 on foutrelis
Package: Org-mode version 8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/)