Re: [O] Emacs+org-mode in a Docker?

From: Grant Rettke
Subject: Re: [O] Emacs+org-mode in a Docker?
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 15:00:24 +0800

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 7:07 PM, John Kitchin <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks for all the notes! It looks like a not too trivial exercise that
> might have to be a summer project for me.

For the past year, I've been curious about how to make my Emacs
environment available to me and anyone else, easily. Goal is to make
working on a Linux, Windows, or OSX GUI a one-click setup. For me,
Vagrant is the obvious solution here. Vagrant and Packer,
specifically.

The benefit of using Packer to build a Vagrant image is that the user
doesn't have to wait for the download and installation of big stuff
like TeXLive. That get's me curious if we (all Emacs/Org users) might
want to build a base-image that includes all the stuff out there.
Might make it easy for users to try out lots of different configs
without having to deal with all of the software requirements. While
that isn't a "big deal", it is just easier for them so they can focus
on doing stuff with Org.